using different TMs to translate parts of the same text
Thread poster: xxxsofiahenrika
xxxsofiahenrika  Identity Verified
Finland
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jun 15, 2012

Hi everyone,

I would be extremely grateful if someone could provide a quick reply on this issue:

I need to save different parts of the same text to different TMs. After I have translated the first part of the text with one TM and cleaned up the text, a BAK-file and a clean file are naturally created. Now, I need to translate the second part of the text with another TM. My question is: should I rename the BAK-file to a .doc-file and continue working on it? Or is it the clean file that I should work on?

I have not encountered this issue before and therefore want to make sure I don't make any mistakes.

Many thanks in advance!

Best wishes,

Sofia

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 10:38
English to Czech
+ ...
Reply Jun 15, 2012

Hi Sofia,
just to repeat my answer from elsewhere to complete this thread:

---
Yes, this is the correct workflow in this situation. Or you could have simply swapped the translation memories even without cleaning up the DOC file first.
---

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

using different TMs to translate parts of the same text

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search