Thread poster: Wouter van Kampen

Wouter van Kampen
Thailand
Local time: 15:42
Danish to Dutch
+ ...
Jun 17, 2012

Hi,

I am not particularly pleased with the built-in spell-check module Hunspell. It's just very very limited, and I have very large files to spell check. Don't want to lose my time clicking Ignore or Add (to custom dictionary) every time the program finds a standard word that is not in the HunSpell word list.

Anybody out there that knows how to solve this nuisance?

Direct link Reply with quote

Zoltán Kulcsár  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:42
English to Hungarian
try updating Jun 17, 2012

the supported spell-checker by overwriting the correspondig .aff and .dic files with the ones downloaded from here:
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/dictionaries

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Upgrade to Studio 2011 Jun 17, 2012

In Studio 2011 you can choose between Hunspell and MS Word Spell Checker. If you select the second, you can use the same customised dictionary that you use in Word. Any words you add from Word or Studio will be entered in the same dictionary.

Wouter van Kampen
Thailand
Danish to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thx Zoltan Jun 17, 2012

I will try that tomorrow morning.

Zoltán Kulcsár wrote:

the supported spell-checker by overwriting the correspondig .aff and .dic files with the ones downloaded from here:
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/dictionaries

Wouter van Kampen
Thailand
Danish to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No Thx Jun 17, 2012

There are many issues with the current version of SDL Trados Studio 2011 as reported by numerous people that upgraded lately. And one of these reported issues is that using the MSWord Spell Checker simply doesn't work.

Emma Goldsmith wrote:

In Studio 2011 you can choose between Hunspell and MS Word Spell Checker. If you select the second, you can use the same customised dictionary that you use in Word. Any words you add from Word or Studio will be entered in the same dictionary.

Alaa Zeineldine  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 10:42
Member (2002)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Spelling woes Oct 1, 2012

Exactly, MS Word speller simply doesn't work, and the built-in Hunspell speller flags most Arabic words as errors, making using it pointless.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
If you are using... Oct 1, 2012

...Studio 2011 and the spell checker won't work then please log a case for this using the Solution Finder. I'm not aware of any problems that relate to the spell checker not working?

You haven't provided much information to go on.. so use this route. Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder and now go here;

Download & Installation Problems
- The installation went fine, but now I get an error message when opening or using the program.
-- The error occurs in SDL Trados Studio 2011

... or just tell us what the problem is and maybe we can help?

Regards

Paul

Olly Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
word checker fine Oct 1, 2012

The MS Word checker is fine over here (Studio 2011 sp2, Windows 7 64 bit).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wanted: alternate spellchecker for Studio 2009

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search