Thread poster: Andreas Kobell

Andreas Kobell  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
Jun 17, 2012

Hope someone here can help.
Trados Workbench and TagEditor only appear in the task manager as processes but no windows of both applications are shown on the screen and they also do not appear in the task bar.

I work on a MacBook Pro (early 2008) and Windows 7 Home Premium installed via Parallels. Everything (Trados Freelance Suite 2007 and Studio 2011) worked fine until I upgraded Mac OS Snow Leopard to Lion (also installed the latest version of Parallels tools).
Though I can still use Studio 2011 and translate as well as save TagEditor-ttx files, I cannot work in TagEditor or Workbench.

Another weird thing I noticed after that upgrade to Lion: before the upgrade I could use the keyboard combination "Shift" + "Ctrl" + "Arrow right/left" to highlight whole words in a document in Word or another word processing application under Windows. When I use that key combination now nothing happens, i. e. the cursor remains at the position I placed it and no words get highlighted.
This glitch may have nothing to do at all with my Trados issue but it appeared at the same time which is a bit strange.

All other applications (including MS Office 2003 / 2007) installed under Windows 7 run without any issues.

If anybody has an idea how to solve this mystery this would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Workbench and TagEditor only appear in task manager

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search