Problems with my TMs
Thread poster: Fernando Toledo

Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:42
German to Spanish
Jul 8, 2004

I have moved all my TMs to other folder just to organize my clients better, but now if I try to translate a new doc, Trados (6,5) can not start. He says he can't find the path (the old one)? But I open the TM direct from Trados searching in the new place where all 5 files are!

Some advice?

Thks

Toledo

Direct link Reply with quote

xxx00000000
English to French
+ ...
Close and reopen Jul 8, 2004

Do as if you were opening an entirely different TM.

Best,
Esther

[Edited at 2004-07-08 19:19]

Germany
German to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Now is working... Jul 8, 2004

Esther Pfeffer wrote:

Do as if you were opening an entirely different TM.

Best,
Esther

[Edited at 2004-07-08 19:19]

I closed it and reopen but it was not better, only after open another one, close it and open the first it is working !?!
It is amusing the strange problems that this software produce. Now is O.K. and waiting for the next surprise.

Thanks

Toledo

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Can you describe the behaviour in more detail? Jul 9, 2004

Hi Toledo,
I have moved all my TMs to other folder just to organize my clients better, but now if I try to translate a new doc, Trados (6,5) can not start. He says he can't find the path (the old one)?

How come you get an error message if Trados cannot start?

I suppose you can start the application, but somewhere along the process you get an error message. Can you please indicate at which point exactly this happens, quoting the exact message you receive?

Thanks, Ralf

Germany
German to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Some kind of memory effect Jul 9, 2004

Ralf Lemster wrote:

How come you get an error message if Trados cannot start?

I suppose you can start the application, but somewhere along the process you get an error message. Can you please indicate at which point exactly this happens, quoting the exact message you receive?

Thanks, Ralf

Hi,

I start Trados, open the TM in his new placement and try to start a translation in Word but nothing happen. Trados give a error message something like "can't find the path to the TM in...(the old path).
But now is O.K.
I can not understand why this "memory effect" can happen if I put all the 5 TM files in the new folder.

Thanks

Germany
English to German
+ ...
Error message required. Jul 9, 2004

Sorry, I cannot help you like this...
Ralf Lemster wrote:
... Can you please indicate at which point exactly this happens, quoting the exact message you receive?

I start Trados, open the TM in his new placement and try to start a translation in Word but nothing happen. Trados give a error message something like "can't find the path to the TM in...(the old path).

...to try and replicate the problem, I need to know the exact error message, including an error code (if any).

Best regards, Ralf

Germany
German to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
The problem is solved! Jul 9, 2004

Hallo Ralf,

Thank for your help but I've said the problem is solved, how can I know now which error message appear?

Next time (I hope never) I will note this message.
Thks again

[quote]Ralf Lemster wrote:

Sorry, I cannot help you like this...
[quote]
Ralf Lemster wrote:
... Can you please indicate at which point exactly this happens, quoting the exact message you receive?

Germany
English to German
+ ...
Thanks... Jul 9, 2004

...and sorry, I had hoped that you had written it down.

Best, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with my TMs

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search