Error 40005 - unknown exception (Studio 2011 SP3)
Thread poster: Enrico C - ECLC

Enrico C - ECLC  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 14:49
Member (2011)
English to Italian
+ ...
Jun 19, 2012

HI all,

Today i got 3 files from a customer. When i got the files i proceeded to create a project, setup TMs and MT glossaries and then proceeded to process the files. I got the error mentioned above. Then i also tried to open the files (XML.TTX) as single ones, without creating a project and i still got the same issue.
Then i tried to open the same files on Studio 2009, getting the same results.
In the end, i also tried to open the files into TagEditor, loading the related .INI. That made TagEditor crash. Retried and it happened again.

Is there any viable known solution to this issue? I may lose this project but at least may have a solution if this happens again.

Documents open regularly and flawlessly with MemoQ. Is this a Studio/Trados related incompatibility? Is it solvable?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Error log shows as follows

Failed to open input file 'D:\Users\Documents\Traduzioni\XXXXXXXX\XXXXXXXX\2012\XXXXXXXX\XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX\XXXXX;XXXXXXXX.xml.ttx':
(40005): Unknown Exception.

Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.FileTypeSupportException, Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Core, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888

Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.ConvertAdapter
b__0()
at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Services.Log.Resources(Object message, Action action)
at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Services.Job._worker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)]]>

SDL Trados Studio
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Service Pack 1
XXXXXXXXXX\user
XXXXXXXXXXX
True
16625520 MB

[Edited at 2012-06-20 10:10 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error 40005 - unknown exception (Studio 2011 SP3)

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search