Thread poster: Ingeborg Gonizzi

Ingeborg Gonizzi  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 15:08
French to Dutch
+ ...
Jun 20, 2012

Good morning all,

About a month ago, I bought Trados Studio 2011 and installed it on my virtual machine. Since then, I've been working with it, and it seems to work fine. I can translate, save as target etc. etc.

However, when I go to the Translation Memories view, none of my TM's seems to be populated with segments, they're all empty!

Of course I made sure to properly open them, I checked all the checkmarks for 'update TM' etc. but they remain empty...
There's only two TM's with data in it: one that I imported a TM from a client to, and one which miraculously started filling itself while I was translating. But there again, there's something weird: both TM's stored exactly 50 TU's, and not more. The translations they were attached to however, contain far more than 50 TU's.

Has anyone encountered this problem yet? Or do you have an idea what I've been doing wrong? Thanks a lot for your help.

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
50 per view Jun 20, 2012

You see 50 segments in the first window. Click the blue arrow to go to the next 50.
You can also set this to 200 through tools>options>translation memories view.

Your other TMs are probably empty because you're using project TMs. Try a forum search for "empty TM" and you'll find more detailed explanations.

Good luck!

Ingeborg Gonizzi  Identity Verified
Netherlands
French to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Emma Jun 20, 2012

I now see more than 50 TU's indeed! I'll quickly check out your other tip for the empty TM's.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 - TM's not updated

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search