Ingeborg Gonizzi  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 03:14
Member (2007)
French to Dutch
+ ...
Jun 20, 2012

Good morning all,

About a month ago, I bought Trados Studio 2011 and installed it on my virtual machine. Since then, I've been working with it, and it seems to work fine. I can translate, save as target etc. etc.

However, when I go to the Translation Memories view, none of my TM's seems to be populated with segments, they're all empty!

Of course I made sure to properly open them, I checked all the checkmarks for 'update TM' etc. but they remain empty...
There's only two TM's with data in it: one that I imported a TM from a client to, and one which miraculously started filling itself while I was translating. But there again, there's something weird: both TM's stored exactly 50 TU's, and not more. The translations they were attached to however, contain far more than 50 TU's.

Has anyone encountered this problem yet? Or do you have an idea what I've been doing wrong? Thanks a lot for your help.

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
50 per view Jun 20, 2012

You see 50 segments in the first window. Click the blue arrow to go to the next 50.
You can also set this to 200 through tools>options>translation memories view.

Your other TMs are probably empty because you're using project TMs. Try a forum search for "empty TM" and you'll find more detailed explanations.

Good luck!

Ingeborg Gonizzi  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2007)
French to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Emma Jun 20, 2012

I now see more than 50 TU's indeed! I'll quickly check out your other tip for the empty TM's.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 - TM's not updated

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search