Can’t add term in Tageditor. Windows 7-Trados/Multiterm 2007. No solution found in forums.
Thread poster: Sofie

Sofie
France
Local time: 15:34
German to Dutch
+ ...
Jun 23, 2012

Hello,

Since I have Trados, I’ve always worked with Multiterm perfectly.
But now I changed my computer and have Windows 7. Since then I have the following problem:

When I add a term to the termbase, the add-term-box opens just once, and it seems that I can add a term, but actually it doesn’t add anything.
When further in the text, I try to add another term, this “add-term-box” doesn’t even open anymore and I don’t receive any error message.

I’ve looked at various forums, and I thought it was a Java problem.

=> First I cleared the “Enable the next-generation Java plug-in check box”, saved and restarted the computer, but without result.

=> Then I removed ALL Java versions installed on this computer :
- Java 6 Version 32
- J 2 SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 10
- J 2 SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 12

After that, I opened Multiterm, and I pressed the Edit button (F2)
I got this message saying that I have to install Java 2 RE SE v 1.4.2._19, which I did.

But nothing has changed !!!

I still cannot add terms. I really need this function quickly, because I’m on a big technical text …
Thank you so much for your help !!

Sofie

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can’t add term in Tageditor. Windows 7-Trados/Multiterm 2007. No solution found in forums.

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search