Sample 'Printer' termbase and index error
Thread poster: Sian Cooper

Sian Cooper  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:40
French to English
+ ...
Jun 23, 2012

Hi, I am trying to work with the example termbase provided with SDL, 'Printers'; I manage to open it with one of the projects I've been working with, but I get an error message or warning saying that the index has changed since it was created, and needs to be verified (which, of course, I have no idea how to do ha ha).

I ignored that and carried on regardless; and was trying to see if I could add terms to it, to see how that worked. It seemed OK, I did a save, and got some very scarey index errors in my project files, the Editor pane showed a big red X and I panicked a bit, but it seems OK after closing and re-opening; however the terms are not updated to the termbase.

Is this as expected, i.e. the ONLY way we can work with termbases is actually to purchase the MultiTerm product, even if we're just lone-translators? It is not the impression I get from the help file, either.

Am I just doing it wrong?

Thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sample 'Printer' termbase and index error

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search