Content translated in SDL 2011 has dissapeared!
Thread poster: Noelia Ruiz Pérez

Noelia Ruiz Pérez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 04:46
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
Jun 25, 2012

Hi

I am translating a package in SDL Studio 2011. I had completed almost 60%.

For some reason my computer shut down yesterday, and today, when I open the package, nothing is there!!!

I am not very used to working with packages but I just feel like crying because I have to deliver today. I just don´t know where everything has gone.
Can someone help me?

Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Are you reopening the package or... Jun 25, 2012

... opening the file you worked on? This may be the reason as reopening the package will start you off again with a new project.

Take a look in the Projects View and see whether you have several projects with the same name... perhaps the onoe you woreked on yesterday will still be there?

Also, if you used your own Translation Memory for the work, and not the Project Tm inside the package (if there was one) then you can always recreate the translation by pretranslating against your own TM.

If none of this makes sense drop me an email and we can take a quick look on your machine over a webex.

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

Henning Holthusen  Identity Verified
Philippines
Local time: 11:46
English to German
+ ...
Trados "forgets" projects Jun 25, 2012

Trados sometimes "forgets" that it was working on a project. I think this happens when you don't shut it down properly (e.g. when it crashes you or press reset on the computer).

The solution is to find the *.proj file you were working on and opening that.

Noelia Ruiz Pérez  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jun 25, 2012

Thank you all!

Yes, it was saved elsewhere, and I worked on the project file, and not on the package.

Thank god, I was going mad!

: )

Henning Holthusen  Identity Verified
Philippines
Local time: 11:46
English to German
+ ...
Yes, Studio can be great fun Jun 26, 2012

Also, don't forget to periodically manually save your translation (ctrl-S) as Studio doesn't have an autosave function (which I find incredible).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Content translated in SDL 2011 has dissapeared!

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search