Alexandra Sarmento  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 18:44
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jun 25, 2012

Hi all,
I have just purchased an upgrade to Studio 2011 and I am going to buy a new desktop with Windows 7 and Office 2010 to be able to use all Trados Studio 2011 features (as I have Windows XP and Office 2003 on my current desktop)... I currently have Trados Suite 2007 Freelancer Plus and Studio 2009 installed on both my current desktop and laptop (laptop has Windows 7 and Office 2007, so no need to change anything). My questions are:
1) Do I have to return my Trados Suite 2007 Fre
... See more
Hi all,
I have just purchased an upgrade to Studio 2011 and I am going to buy a new desktop with Windows 7 and Office 2010 to be able to use all Trados Studio 2011 features (as I have Windows XP and Office 2003 on my current desktop)... I currently have Trados Suite 2007 Freelancer Plus and Studio 2009 installed on both my current desktop and laptop (laptop has Windows 7 and Office 2007, so no need to change anything). My questions are:
1) Do I have to return my Trados Suite 2007 Freelancer Plus and Studio 2009 license keys from both my computers or just from my current desktop, which will be replaced by the new one, before installing Studio 2011 (as well as 2007 and 2009 on my new desktop)?
2) Should I process the upgrade to 2011 after having installed Trados Suite 2007 Freelancer Plus and Studio 2009 and activated the relevant licenses on my new desktop?

Thank you very much!
Collapse

Mafalda d'Orey de Faria
Mafalda d'Orey de Faria  Identity Verified
Portugal
English to Portuguese
+ ...
To be on the safe side Jun 26, 2012

I think it is better to return all the licenses and when you have reinstalled all the software, you can have reload the licenses again.

Alexandra Sarmento
Portugal
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Any more details Jun 28, 2012

Thank you/Obrigada, Mafalda.

Do you have any suggestions for my 2nd question?

Regards,
Alexandra

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:44
English
Perhaps this post... Jun 28, 2012

... will do the trick?

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/227869-upgrading_to_trados_2009_from_trados_2011.html#1970741

Regards

Paul

Alexandra Sarmento
Portugal
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I this what I should do? Jun 28, 2012

Thank you Paul,

So, as far as I understand, I should better return all my licenses from both my current desktop and laptop and then install Trados 2007, 2009 and 2011 on my new desktop and activate the 2007 and 2009 licenses there and reactivate them on my laptop... before processing the 2011 upgrade, correct?

Regards,
Alexandra

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:44
English
Correct... Jun 28, 2012

Hi Alexandra,

You must return your licenses for 2007 and 2009 in order to make them available on the new machine, and if you wish to be able to use all three for a preiod of time then don't process the upgrade before you have moved 2007 and 2009.

Regards

Paul

Alexandra Sarmento
Portugal
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
GREAT! Jun 28, 2012

Thank you sooo much, Paul.

Have a great day!

Alexandra

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Returning licenses

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »