Can't save sdlxliff as MsWord
Thread poster: Anne Baardvik

Anne Baardvik
Local time: 16:10
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Jun 25, 2012

Hi,

My translation is finished, but I can't save the target file as MsWord. I get the following error message:

"Failed to save target content: The context list is null. Could not get the last child"

Any suggestion on how to mend this?

Best regards

Anne

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 21:10
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
Restart Trados Jun 25, 2012

I generally restart Trados [2009 or 2011] for not-easy-to-understand errors. This solves a number of failures in most events.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

Anne Baardvik
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Didn't work Jun 25, 2012

Thanks, but it did not work. Any other suggestions anyone?

Peter Sass
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Check folder Jun 25, 2012

Hi Anne,

I don't know the error message (which in Trados Studio often seem to mean nothing), but I've had this problem before. In my case it was related to the folder you're saving the file to.
This should contain the original (untranslated) Word file - so either you save to the folder containing the latter or you move/copy the original Word file to the folder that you want to save the translated Word file to.

Hope this helps (or else check the forum further, as there should be previous entries about this problem).

Good luck

Peter

P.S.: Let us know pls. if and how you solved the problem!

[Bearbeitet am 2012-06-25 11:17 GMT]

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Can you try... Jun 25, 2012

... to open the word document in Studio using the Open Document approach and once the file is open in the Editor immediately save the target (Shift+F12). So don't even use a TM and don't tranlsate the file, just check to see if the file will save.

If it does, then use the Open Document again, this time select your TM. Press Ctrl+S to create a single file project in the background and then run the Batch Task to pretranslate your file against your TM. Then press Shift+F12 and try to save it again.

I'm assuming you have already run the verification check against this file just in case there any obvious problems with tags missing?

If none of this works, feel free to send me the translated sdlxliff and the original source file and I can see whether we can recover the translation for you.

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

Anne Baardvik
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks to all of you! Jun 25, 2012

Hi all!

I followed your directions Paul, and the file is saved. Thanks a million!!

Thanks to you also Peter and Soonthon for helping me!

Best regards

Anne

joycesmg
Local time: 09:10
Spanish to English
+ ...
Move to last child Jul 17, 2012

I´m having the same issue and cannot save the file (target). What can I do? I´ve done everything you said here and other suggestions from other forums.

I need help as quick as possible, cause my deadline is in few hours.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't save sdlxliff as MsWord

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search