Gabriel Luis  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:48
Member (2008)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 26, 2012

Hola a tod@s!

Does anyboby know how to translate the content of the tags in and IDML/SDLXLIFF file?
Unfortunately I can not load up a pic, but I hope some of you has already dealt with the problem.
I will load up the pic on my facebook profil if that helps...

Salud(os)!

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:48
English
Tags in files Jun 28, 2012

Hola,

Generally tags are protected because they should not be translated as doing so could prevent the correct reconstruction of the file when opened in the native application.

Sometimes there is translatable content within tags and when this is the case the solution is to prepare the file for tranlsation with this in mind, or translate the material that populates the tags in the file you are translating now.

With IDML perhaps there is more information you can extract by checking the appropriate boxes in the file type (Tools - Options - File Types - Adobe InDesign CS4-CS5 IDML - Common). Keep in mind that you need to process the file again after doing this because checking the boxes after preparing the file for translation will have no effect.

Regards

Paul

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tags in Studio 2011

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search