Italy
Local time: 06:58
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
Jun 27, 2012

Hi everybody.
I recently got this error message when trying to add a new term in Multiterm:
"Impossible to open database. It is possible that the database is not recognizable by the application or that the file is damaged".
The second thing cannot be because I have tried also with another database previously working.
This is the screenshot of the problem:

Photobucket
I have also found this old discussion: http://ita.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/141235-error_2147467259_when_opening_multiterm.html but it refer to multiterm 2007...
I hope you can help me.
Thanks,
Bruno

[Edited at 2012-06-27 12:37 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Bruno Depascale  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 06:58
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Jun 27, 2012

There was something wrong with the termbase:
I created a new termbase and exported the old one into it and magically it worked again!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Impossible to open multiterm database

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search