Trados 2009 - xml.ttx-format - Urgent help needed
Thread poster: Annett Hieber

Annett Hieber  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:16
English to German
Jun 27, 2012

Hi all,

I have been sent a file for translation by a new PM of a translation agency with which I regularly work together.

However, I cannot open this file with Trados Studio 2009, the file format looks peculiar (to me), the extension is filename.xml.ttx. The PM told me that she also sent me an .ini-file to open the ttx-file????

Is there anything I can do to convert it to a feasible format for Trados Studio 2009? I do not work with Trados 2007/Tag Editor, as I had so many problems with that.

Thank you very much for any help!

Annett

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
The name looks correct... Jun 27, 2012

Hi Annett,

The name suggests this is an xml file that has been converted to TTX in TagEditor or Workbench, possibly with a custom ini.

Studio does not require the ini as it has already been used to create the TTX. But I am interested in why it may not open.

Can you share the TTX with me and I'll see if I can help?

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

Enrico C - ECLC  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 00:16
Member (2011)
English to Italian
+ ...
May i ask a question? Jun 28, 2012

Annett Hieber wrote:

Hi all,

I have been sent a file for translation by a new PM of a translation agency with which I regularly work together.

However, I cannot open this file with Trados Studio 2009, the file format looks peculiar (to me), the extension is filename.xml.ttx. The PM told me that she also sent me an .ini-file to open the ttx-file????

Is there anything I can do to convert it to a feasible format for Trados Studio 2009? I do not work with Trados 2007/Tag Editor, as I had so many problems with that.

Annett

Hi Annett,

Is your issue similar to the one i reported here? http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/227339-error_40005_unknown_exception_studio_2011_sp3.html

Let me know

Regards

Enrico

[Edited at 2012-06-28 00:58 GMT]

Annett Hieber  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
File order problem Jun 28, 2012

Enrico C - ECLC wrote:

Annett Hieber wrote:

Hi all,

Annett

Hi Annett,

Is your issue similar to the one i reported here? http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/227339-error_40005_unknown_exception_studio_2011_sp3.html

Let me know

Regards

Enrico

[Edited at 2012-06-28 00:58 GMT]

Hello Enrico,

I'm afraid that's not the same problem. Paul from SDL helped me. The file extension xml.ttx for Trados 2007-files is absolutely correct and if you actually work with Trados 2007 you need an ini-file to be able to open the xml.ttx-file. I work with Trados 2009 so I don't need this ini-file.

I had a completely other problem: my file structure. The more sub-structures I created, the bigger the problem. the file name got too long for Trados 2009, so the conversion didn't work. I changed the structure and then it worked.

I hope you will also find a solution to your problem!

Annett

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2009 - xml.ttx-format - Urgent help needed

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search