SDL Trados Studio 2011 Trial on Mac OS 10.4.11
Thread poster: Tom Skold

Tom Skold  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 13:13
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jun 27, 2012

Does anyone have experience of running the SDL Trados Studio 2011 Trial version on a Mac PowerPC G4 with OS 10.4.11? On SDL's homepage it doesn't say anything at all about system requirements, so I assumed it would be OK. I downloaded it alright, but then the file was in exe-format, which was the first problem. I opened the file with StuffIt Expander, which seemed to work, but the result was frustrating: twenty or so more exe-files in a folder! What to do? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Tom

Direct link Reply with quote

Teresa Rebelo  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:13
French to Portuguese
+ ...
Parallels Jun 28, 2012

To run ex. files on a mac you must install BootCamp, VirtualBox or Parallels, which means you will be able to run Windows and/or OSX.
If SDL Trados Studio 2011 will run that way, I don't know, but I'm sure it will slow your Mac.
Try the demo version, if you have a Windows licence to install.

http://www.parallels.com/eu/search/cs/pd/dskd77/special-offer/?source=g_eu&gclid=CMqioN7f77ACFWNItAodi3gkZA

Teresa

Paula Hernández
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:13
English to Spanish
+ ...
I use it on VMWare Fusion Jun 28, 2012

and have no problem at all, it does not slow my mac. I am using 10.5.8.

Enrico C - ECLC  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 20:13
Member (2011)
English to Italian
+ ...
Apparently it can be done! Jun 28, 2012

Hi Tom,

While digging i found this. For a while i considered buying a MAC but then i gave up because i had your same doubts.
Anyways, here is the link http://www.translationzone.com/en/support/how-to-run-sdl-trados-studio-on-an-apple-mac.asp

Hope it helps.

Regards

Enrico

Tom Skold  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 13:13
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jun 28, 2012

Hi,

Thanks for you comments, very helpful. Well, it seems I have to do something about my computer anyway, upgrade or buy a PC (I hate them!). But it's really annoying that they don't say anything about system requirements at the download site.

Tom

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2011 Trial on Mac OS 10.4.11

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search