SDL Trados Studio 2011 Trial on Mac OS 10.4.11
Thread poster: Tom Skold

Tom Skold  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 10:53
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jun 27, 2012

Does anyone have experience of running the SDL Trados Studio 2011 Trial version on a Mac PowerPC G4 with OS 10.4.11? On SDL's homepage it doesn't say anything at all about system requirements, so I assumed it would be OK. I downloaded it alright, but then the file was in exe-format, which was the first problem. I opened the file with StuffIt Expander, which seemed to work, but the result was frustrating: twenty or so more exe-files in a folder! What to do? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Tom

Teresa Rebelo  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:53
French to Portuguese
+ ...
Parallels Jun 28, 2012

To run ex. files on a mac you must install BootCamp, VirtualBox or Parallels, which means you will be able to run Windows and/or OSX.
If SDL Trados Studio 2011 will run that way, I don't know, but I'm sure it will slow your Mac.
Try the demo version, if you have a Windows licence to install.

http://www.parallels.com/eu/search/cs/pd/dskd77/special-offer/?source=g_eu&gclid=CMqioN7f77ACFWNItAodi3gkZA

Teresa

Paula Hernández
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:53
English to Spanish
+ ...
I use it on VMWare Fusion Jun 28, 2012

and have no problem at all, it does not slow my mac. I am using 10.5.8.

Enrico C - ECLC  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 16:53
Member (2011)
English to Italian
+ ...
Apparently it can be done! Jun 28, 2012

Hi Tom,

While digging i found this. For a while i considered buying a MAC but then i gave up because i had your same doubts.
Anyways, here is the link http://www.translationzone.com/en/support/how-to-run-sdl-trados-studio-on-an-apple-mac.asp

Hope it helps.

Regards

Enrico

Tom Skold  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 10:53
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jun 28, 2012

Hi,

Thanks for you comments, very helpful. Well, it seems I have to do something about my computer anyway, upgrade or buy a PC (I hate them!). But it's really annoying that they don't say anything about system requirements at the download site.

Tom

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2011 Trial on Mac OS 10.4.11

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search