Making Meta tags translatable in .ttx files (TRADOS 7)
Thread poster: jgary

jgary
Local time: 03:27
Jun 29, 2012

Hi -

I have a set of online help files (.aspx source) that have already been translated/finalized in Tageditor .ttx. I now need to go back and translate the Meta data at the top of each file. The issue I'm running into is that I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make the Meta data translatable in the .ttx versions of the files.

I've adjusted the Tag Settings accordingly and can see the Meta data as translatable if I open the original .aspx files in Tageditor. However, when I open my already-translated .ttx files with the same Tag Settings in TagEditor, the Meta data is still untranslatable. Has anyone dealt with this before? Is there some setting in TagEditor that I'm missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Jeff Gary

Direct link Reply with quote

Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 10:27
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
You need source files Jun 30, 2012

Once a TTX file has been generated, you can't change its tag settings. You need to use your changed settings to generate new TTX files and retranslate them with your TM. The only alternative is opening the files in Notepad or another text editor and overwriting the text manually (but it will be monolingual, of course).

Jason_P
South Korea
Local time: 16:57
English to Korean
I am new to here so not much familiar with your terms.. Jun 30, 2012

can you tell me, what do you mean "Meta tag"?

If you want to make the ttx file as an "from the scratch(just as received from PM)" in a second I can help you.

Jeff Gary
United States
Local time: 03:27
Thanks... Jul 5, 2012

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the input on this. I had a hunch that the .ttx somehow froze the initial settings in place, but I wasn't sure. That explains the issue...thanks again for your help...

jeff

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Making Meta tags translatable in .ttx files (TRADOS 7)

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search