https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/228101-automatic_language_pair_identification_studio_2009.html

Automatic language pair identification (Studio 2009)
Thread poster: adrienneiii
adrienneiii
adrienneiii
United States
Local time: 16:30
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jul 2, 2012

Hello there, I work (so far) in just one language pair, ES>EN. Despite this, I have to identify the pair for every single document that I open in Studio, even though the relevant dialogue box indicates that the language pair has been auto-detected (as EN>German).

Can anyone tell me how I can get the program to automatically and accurately identify the language pair? It is possible, I suppose that the initial logo in each document is set to English in Word (I just saw that in one cas
... See more
Hello there, I work (so far) in just one language pair, ES>EN. Despite this, I have to identify the pair for every single document that I open in Studio, even though the relevant dialogue box indicates that the language pair has been auto-detected (as EN>German).

Can anyone tell me how I can get the program to automatically and accurately identify the language pair? It is possible, I suppose that the initial logo in each document is set to English in Word (I just saw that in one case), but the rest of the documents are always set to Spanish. And there certainly is no German anywhere!

Thanks a million.
Collapse

adrienneiii
adrienneiii
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Bump? Jul 3, 2012

rather quiet out there!

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:30
English
Two ways to achieve this... Jul 4, 2012

Hi Adrienneiii,

If you always use the Open Document approach and create single file projects to work on then go to Tool - Options - Editor - Languages and you can set the language pair you want to be used by default.

If you use Projects then just save the settings you use to update the default template when you get to the end of the Project Wizard.

Regards

Paul

adrienneiii
adrienneiii
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Paul Jul 29, 2012

Sorry I took my time in getting back to thank you on this. Very helpful!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Automatic language pair identification (Studio 2009)

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »