HELP! Error when converting my file to Word!
Thread poster: Johanne Trudeau
Johanne Trudeau
Johanne Trudeau  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 04:33
English to French
Jul 2, 2012

This is the first time I get this message when trying to convert my translated file into Word.

Échec de l'enregistrement du contenu cible : La longueur ne peut pas être inférieur à zéro (translation : length can't be inferior to zero).
Nom du paramètre : Length

I tried to create another Word, retranslate with the memory in another project, and still the same message. I just can't convert my translation in Word!

I'm desperate!

Johanne Trudeau
Canada
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
More info : Jul 2, 2012

System.ArgumentOufofRangeException, mscorlib

Serge Mazille
Serge Mazille
Local time: 10:33
More infos Jul 2, 2012

Hello

Did you manage to solve this?

What are your softwre versions ? (Word, Trados ?)

Regards,
Serge

[Modifié le 2012-07-02 19:25 GMT]

[Modifié le 2012-07-02 19:26 GMT]

David Hayes
David Hayes  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:33
French to English
Subscripts/superscripts? Jul 2, 2012

This error has come up in this forum a couple of times recently. One origin of the problem is subscripts and/or superscripts. If you put them into your target text when they are not there in the original that can cause this problem. Is the case for your text? Or it may come from other new tags you've inserted into the target (italics, etc.). If you have changed the formatting in this way, put it all back and makes the changes directly in Word after you've saved the document from Trados.
H
... See more
This error has come up in this forum a couple of times recently. One origin of the problem is subscripts and/or superscripts. If you put them into your target text when they are not there in the original that can cause this problem. Is the case for your text? Or it may come from other new tags you've inserted into the target (italics, etc.). If you have changed the formatting in this way, put it all back and makes the changes directly in Word after you've saved the document from Trados.
Have a quick look for threads from older discussions of this problem - they might give you some other ideas.
Collapse

Johanne Trudeau
Canada
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jul 2, 2012

I do have a ton of subscripts since this is a mining document. Thanks David! I'll investigate.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

HELP! Error when converting my file to Word!

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »