Trados Studio 2011: Cannot open files (html, csv, txt) in Editor
Thread poster: ZeoBIT

ZeoBIT
Local time: 21:32
Jul 3, 2012

Dear All,

I desperately need your help.

I created a project from 3 files (html, csv, txt) in Studio 2011 for 16 target languages, each language having file-based TM assigned.

My troubles begun when I tried to Prepare the files and create project TMs. I constantly received an error "An item with the same key has already been added" for all languages.

I was not sure that I need to create the project-based TMs, as I already had TMs for each language, so I selected an option to prepare the files without creating project-based TMs. It worked, the files where processed, analyzed and pre-translated (at least the reports say so), and I thought it was all right finally.

Then I tried to open a file in Editor, and received the same old "An item with the same key has already been added"!

I tried to open files for each language with the same result, except Russian. For Russian all 3 files open in Editor all right. The only difference between Russian and other languages is that there is no Russian TM.

I tried to reorganize and re-index the TMs for each language, I also tried deleting UserSettings.xml and BaseSettings.xml from AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\10.0.0.0\, and nothing helped.

I assume the problem lies with the TMs, and not with the source files, as I can open them for Russian.

Any ideas how to fix this would be very welcome!

Best regards,
Ekaterina

ZeoBIT
Local time: 21:32
TOPIC STARTER
Update Jul 3, 2012

Just wanted to add that I tried to solve the problem by creating new TMs and creating the project with new TMs from scratch. It did not help, I got the exact same mistakes.

I had no problems with my projects before. The only thing different is that I added a variables list and edited segmentation rules, and then created the TMs with the corresponding language resource template.

Please please help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2011: Cannot open files (html, csv, txt) in Editor

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search