Trados Studio 2011: Cannot open files (html, csv, txt) in Editor
Thread poster: ZeoBIT

ZeoBIT
Local time: 12:27
Jul 3, 2012

Dear All,

I desperately need your help.

I created a project from 3 files (html, csv, txt) in Studio 2011 for 16 target languages, each language having file-based TM assigned.

My troubles begun when I tried to Prepare the files and create project TMs. I constantly received an error "An item with the same key has already been added" for all languages.

I was not sure that I need to create the project-based TMs, as I already had TMs for each language, so I selected an option to prepare the files without creating project-based TMs. It worked, the files where processed, analyzed and pre-translated (at least the reports say so), and I thought it was all right finally.

Then I tried to open a file in Editor, and received the same old "An item with the same key has already been added"!

I tried to open files for each language with the same result, except Russian. For Russian all 3 files open in Editor all right. The only difference between Russian and other languages is that there is no Russian TM.

I tried to reorganize and re-index the TMs for each language, I also tried deleting UserSettings.xml and BaseSettings.xml from AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\10.0.0.0\, and nothing helped.

I assume the problem lies with the TMs, and not with the source files, as I can open them for Russian.

Any ideas how to fix this would be very welcome!

Best regards,
Ekaterina

Direct link Reply with quote

ZeoBIT
Local time: 12:27
TOPIC STARTER
Update Jul 3, 2012

Just wanted to add that I tried to solve the problem by creating new TMs and creating the project with new TMs from scratch. It did not help, I got the exact same mistakes.

I had no problems with my projects before. The only thing different is that I added a variables list and edited segmentation rules, and then created the TMs with the corresponding language resource template.

Please please help!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2011: Cannot open files (html, csv, txt) in Editor

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search