Problem with word docs!
Thread poster: Sophie Devidze
I've got a problem with word docs, when I open saved file another blank word document open simultaneously with that, I'm just closing it. But the problem is that when I sent the translation to the agency they encountered the same problem. Two days ago I installed Trados - as I'm completely new to it I think I have done something wrong!
Any help would be appreciated!!!
[Edited at 2012-07-04 16:01 GMT]
Actually, I cannot say that only you have an issue here. I get normal.dotm problems all the time when I use Trados, but my clients do not have problems with docs that I send to them. That is the strange part in your case.
| Try the following || Jul 5, 2012 |
There may be a problem already in the source file. Therefore, I suggest that you try the following:
1. Open MS Word
2. Click on the "Open" button
3. Browse to the source file, but don't open it by double-clicking the file icon
4. Instead, click the small arrow in the "Open" button in the bottom-right part of the dialog box
5. Select "Open & Repair"
6. Save the repaired file as two different versions of Word
7. Use your updated translation memory to re-translate the new source files
8. See if the problem persists.
I hope this helps?
| | Sophie Devidze
Local time: 19:55
English to Georgian
The recipient received the next files normally, but I still have this problem.
Thank you for trying to help me! I will try Stanislav's instructions.
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »