Systran MT plugin in Studio 2011
Thread poster: Dominique Pivard

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:20
Finnish to French
Jul 4, 2012

Has anyone been able to use the Systran MT plugin in Studio 2011?

I have installed the latest version of the plugin (1.4, released 20-Jun-2012) and I selected the SYSTRAN Online Services option, since I don't have access to a SYSTRAN Enterprise Server account). I read the instructions in the README file included with the plugin, which state:
You can get a SYSTRAN account by registering SYSTRANet free, or you can purchase a SYSTRAN Desktop product, and register it online. This will give you access to full SYSTRANet service with enhanced and customized translation quality.

I created myself a free account at www.systranet.com and I entered my credentials (username + password) in Studio (the field for Server Address was prefilled with http://www.systranet.com/ws), but I either got a timeout or the following error message: The request failed with HTTP status 502: Bad Gateway. Am I missing something?

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:20
Finnish to French
TOPIC STARTER
Bug in SYSTRANet Jul 11, 2012

Following up on my own post: even with a valid SYSTRAN Desktop product linked to my SYSTRANet account, I still get an error message when entering my credentials in the SYSTRAN plugin for Studio. The error message is:
JAXRPC.TIE.04: Internal Server Error (JAXRPCTIE01: Caught exception while handling request: java.rmi.RemoteException: Server Error; nested exception is: java.lang.NullPointerException)

I was informed by SYSTRAN's tech support there's a bug in the latest version of SYSTRANet (released 10 days ago), so I have to wait for it to be fixed before I can try the SYSTRAN Online Services option.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:20
English
Thanks for the update Jul 12, 2012

Hi Dominique,

Thanks for posting the issue you found... good to know it's not one we have to address..!

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Systran MT plugin in Studio 2011

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search