David Howard  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:10
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Jul 6, 2012

Hi all,

I'm trying to finalize a very large Excel file and every time I'm given an error message regarding the content, which I have to go an then amend before I start again.

The problem is, it takes 20 minutes for Trados to load the file each time (no exaggeration), by which time I've forgotten what the message said!

Naturally, there's going to be more than one error message - is there anyway that Trados can tell me what they all are without me 'finalizing' and closing/opening the file each each time?

Thanks,
David

...Just tried to verify the file, which shows me that there are 17 errors, but it doesn't tell me what segments the errors are in?

e.g. "The character '/' is forbidden in the worksheet name."

The problem is there are several thousand segments, a good number with the character '/' and in editor view I can't tell which ones are worksheet names.

Is there any way the report can tell me which segments the errors are in?

Thanks for any suggestions.
David

[Edited at 2012-07-06 05:47 GMT]

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 10:10
English to Czech
+ ...
Quite simple Jul 6, 2012

Hi David,
first of all, it would be nice if you could tell us which version of Trados you're using.

David Howard wrote:
...Just tried to verify the file, which shows me that there are 17 errors, but it doesn't tell me what segments the errors are in?

The error message looks clear enough: you have to search in segments that are worksheet names. In Studio they are marked by WSN in the Document Structure Column. In TagEditor you can find these segments between the <worksheet><name> and </name></worksheet> tags.

[Upraveno: 2012-07-06 06:10 GMT]

David Howard  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:10
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks... Jul 6, 2012

Hi Stanislav

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm working in Studio 2009, and I've since discovered the WSN markings.

Having worked through all the error messages, I thought I'd solved it but now it's giving me an entirely different message (not on the previous report).

The problem is it takes 15 minutes for Trados to open the file each time. I've been working for 24 hours now (with a very patient client expecting the file several hours ago) so I can't think straight!

[Edited at 2012-07-06 06:43 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Responding to error messages one by one

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search