Thread poster: Jacques DP

Jacques DP  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 13:22
Member (2003)
English to French
Jul 6, 2012

Hello,

I own SDL Trados Studio 2009 (Freelance Plus), and therefore SDL Trados 2007 (Suite Freelance) as well. A client wants me to do a job with SDLX 2007 build 7142. However my SDLX build is 7080.

I cannot find this update in my online account at sdl.com (I usually use Trados 2007 or Studio, not SDLX). The client is suggesting to send me SDLX 2007 build 7142. Should I be able to install this without problem (licence or otherwise)?

Thank you.

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
IMO, no licensing problem... Jul 7, 2012

Jacques DP wrote:

I own SDL Trados Studio 2009 (Freelance Plus), and therefore SDL Trados 2007 (Suite Freelance) as well. A client wants me to do a job with SDLX 2007 build 7142. However my SDLX build is 7080.

I cannot find this update in my online account at sdl.com (I usually use Trados 2007 or Studio, not SDLX). The client is suggesting to send me SDLX 2007 build 7142. Should I be able to install this without problem (licence or otherwise)?

Basically the 7142 build is the same as 7080 except some bugfixes and/or changes related to the TMS i.e. client-server environment, the same license will be used.
It may contain also some code related to Multiterm 2011 (not sure, my latest installed version is 7115), I hope it will not screw up the Multiterm 2009 connectivity as the Multiterm relates patches for Trados 2007 Suite do.

As the current SDL policy is to kill the "legacy" software, this build is not available in a transparent way but it can be downloaded somewhere from the SDL FTP.
It will be not intuitive at all.

Cheers
GG

Switzerland
Member (2003)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jul 7, 2012

Thanks a lot Grzegorz for your input.

I ended up installing it and it seems to work OK.

(Strangely, analysis will fail with the message: "SDLX is currently running in demo mode therefore this process will not run successfully." This is however a misleading message: analysis is only available in Pro version. My License manager does mention the following license: "Translator's Workbench/SDLX, Version 8.0 Freelance ".)

I also had a misleading message from MultiTerm 2007, stating that it needs reinstalling, when actually the Side-by-Side tools had to be used to activate it.

Stoyan Germanov
Bulgaria
Local time: 14:22
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
SDLX Pro version: does it still exist? Mar 21, 2013

Hi Jacques

Speaking about SDLX you say: "analysis is only available in Pro version". How can this version be obtained at all? It seems SDL does not offer SDLX as a separate module, so are we linked forever to our Standard version, part of Trados Studio 2009?

Thanks for any info on the matter.

Stoyan Germanov

Switzerland
Member (2003)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
No idea Mar 21, 2013

Hi Stoyan,

I have no idea, sorry. I did that job with SDLX and went back to Studio after that.
Someone more familiar with SDLX will likely reply to your question.

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Studio Pro Mar 21, 2013

Stoyan Germanov wrote:

Speaking about SDLX you say: "analysis is only available in Pro version". How can this version be obtained at all? It seems SDL does not offer SDLX as a separate module, so are we linked forever to our Standard version, part of Trados Studio 2009?

If you buy a Studio Pro version bundled with Trados 2007 Suite, you'll have also the SDLX Pro.
The bundled version is still available.
It's damn expensive but it should be far cheaper in Bulgaria, ask your local dealer.

Cheers
GG

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Upgrading SDLX from build 7080 to build 7142

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search