default termbase could not be connected so term recognition has been disabled
Thread poster: Sri Lestari Bahagia

Sri Lestari Bahagia  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 13:28
English to Indonesian
Jul 9, 2012

Hello,

I have just started working with project in Studio 2011. I got the package from client and when trying to open the termbase, in the project setting screen, the default termbase for glossary is disabled. How to enable this? When I tried to put my own termbase, it is also disabled. Please help...

Thanks in advance


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Suzanne Smart  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:28
Italian to English
+ ...
Same problem! Jul 9, 2012

Selamat siang Sri!
Did you ever get an answer to this? I have the same problem.
Suzanne


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Filipa Plant dos Santos  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 06:28
Member (2011)
Portuguese to English
Me too. Jul 10, 2012

I get this problem every time I start a new project or open a single file for translation. I have to remove the 'default' termbase, which the system says is no good, and put a new one in. The termbase that seems to be causing the problem is the one that came with the training program. I would like to disable this permanently, but don't seem able to do this - don't know how!

I'd like to put a default termbase in that would apply to all translation projects (i.e. a DEFAULT termbase!!!!!) but can't see how to do this.

Help?????


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Sri Lestari Bahagia  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 13:28
English to Indonesian
TOPIC STARTER
No answer yet... Jul 10, 2012

Selamat Siang Suzanne & Hello Filipa,
Up to now, I haven't received any answers regarding the matter.
I hope someone can give us solutions to our problems soon...

Sri Lestari


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Anatolian  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 09:28
Member (2013)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Same problem Jun 20, 2013

I am also having the same problem. I tried everything written here but could not find a solution yet.

Help is very much appreciated.

I found the solution: http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:4115

Can you believe it the problem is just an ampersand character in my folder name?

[Değişiklik saati 2013-06-20 17:37 GMT]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

sheetikoff  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 08:28
English to Russian
+ ...
Resolved Jan 14, 2016

Just ensure that no folders in the path contain ampersand (&) or semicolon (;) characters within their names)

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Sri Lestari Bahagia  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 13:28
English to Indonesian
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you all! Jan 14, 2016

It's been a while since I posted this. Somehow the problem was solved. Thank you so much Anatolian and Sheetikoff for the answers that might be useful for others!

Best regards,
Sri


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

default termbase could not be connected so term recognition has been disabled

Advanced search







SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search