Mike Peters
Mike Peters
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:10
French to English
+ ...
Jul 9, 2012

Hi

I am new to Trados Studio 2011. I am running windows 7 on new HP laptop.

When trying to open a .pdf file I get the error message " Value cannot be null Parameter name: start", this is happening with various .pdf documents and with occasional word documents.

As always I am now up against a time wall and shouting at myself for not understanding the way trados works,...... help!

pjg111
pjg111  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:10
English to French
PDF file may be faulty Jul 9, 2012

Hi,

Further your post I tried to import a PDF file into Trados Studio 2011 and it worked perfectly. I must say I would not have had the idea to do so if I had not read your post since usually PDFs are the final output from translatable files such as word, xml, and so on.

I guess your PDF file may be the culprit.

Could you let me have it privately so I can check it out if it is not confidential?

If you wish, you could send it to pg at pg111.com.
... See more
Hi,

Further your post I tried to import a PDF file into Trados Studio 2011 and it worked perfectly. I must say I would not have had the idea to do so if I had not read your post since usually PDFs are the final output from translatable files such as word, xml, and so on.

I guess your PDF file may be the culprit.

Could you let me have it privately so I can check it out if it is not confidential?

If you wish, you could send it to pg at pg111.com. I will try to make a sdlxliff with it.

Cheers.

pg
Collapse

Lemoncat
Lemoncat
Local time: 06:10
English to Japanese
+ ...
Having the similar problem in these few days! Nov 5, 2012

I have been getting an error message in Trados 2011 of "value cannot be null.parameter name key" EVERY TIME when I opened ANY FILE. I COULD open files last week.

First, I thought this was because of my Trados, so I deleted it completely and re-installed from my account in the SDL website. However, the problem was not resolved. Next, I restored the OS-Windows 7- about 2 weeks ago, cleaned spyware, ad ware, etc., and reinstalled again last night. The problem should have resolved, BU
... See more
I have been getting an error message in Trados 2011 of "value cannot be null.parameter name key" EVERY TIME when I opened ANY FILE. I COULD open files last week.

First, I thought this was because of my Trados, so I deleted it completely and re-installed from my account in the SDL website. However, the problem was not resolved. Next, I restored the OS-Windows 7- about 2 weeks ago, cleaned spyware, ad ware, etc., and reinstalled again last night. The problem should have resolved, BUT IT'S NOT!!

Trados has been driving me crazy since I purchased a few weeks ago. I got thousands of error messages and had to click several times for an error massage. I am so exhausted with this software. Please someone help me to end this meaningless efforts.

[Edited at 2012-11-05 00:49 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-11-05 00:50 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Value cannot be null parameter name start

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »