Thread poster: mdp3157
mdp3157
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:22
French to English
+ ...
Jul 9, 2012

Hi

I am new to Trados Studio 2011. I am running windows 7 on new HP laptop.

When trying to open a .pdf file I get the error message " Value cannot be null Parameter name: start", this is happening with various .pdf documents and with occasional word documents.

As always I am now up against a time wall and shouting at myself for not understanding the way trados works,...... help!

Direct link Reply with quote

pjg111  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:22
Member (2010)
English to French
PDF file may be faulty Jul 9, 2012

Hi,

Further your post I tried to import a PDF file into Trados Studio 2011 and it worked perfectly. I must say I would not have had the idea to do so if I had not read your post since usually PDFs are the final output from translatable files such as word, xml, and so on.

I guess your PDF file may be the culprit.

Could you let me have it privately so I can check it out if it is not confidential?

If you wish, you could send it to pg at pg111.com. I will try to make a sdlxliff with it.

Cheers.

pg

Lemoncat
United States
Local time: 12:22
English to Japanese
+ ...
Having the similar problem in these few days! Nov 5, 2012

I have been getting an error message in Trados 2011 of "value cannot be null.parameter name key" EVERY TIME when I opened ANY FILE. I COULD open files last week.

First, I thought this was because of my Trados, so I deleted it completely and re-installed from my account in the SDL website. However, the problem was not resolved. Next, I restored the OS-Windows 7- about 2 weeks ago, cleaned spyware, ad ware, etc., and reinstalled again last night. The problem should have resolved, BUT IT'S NOT!!

Trados has been driving me crazy since I purchased a few weeks ago. I got thousands of error messages and had to click several times for an error massage. I am so exhausted with this software. Please someone help me to end this meaningless efforts.

[Edited at 2012-11-05 00:49 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-11-05 00:50 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Value cannot be null parameter name start

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search