Rebuilt TM - Context search not retrieving segments
Thread poster: wsetters

wsetters
Local time: 18:05
French to English
Jul 12, 2012

Hello,

I yesterday rebuilt our French-English translation memory (~200,000 segments) following errors telling me that the database was corrupted. It works fine, pretranslation and analysis work as expected, and matches are retrieved when translating with Word/Workbench. The problem comes when I try to do a context search; almost nothing is retrieved. For example, "Le Gouvernement de la République française" comes up with one match, while searching for "the Government of the French Republic" in our English-French memory (the two are essentially identical, as we put the content from one into the other periodically) brings up lots of results (in theory there should be several hundred).

Rebuilding: I recreated a new database and imported an export of the previous database as instructed by Trados error messages.

We use Trados 7, mostly with the Word plugin.

Thank you to anyone who has any ideas!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Rebuilt TM - Context search not retrieving segments

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search