SDL Licensing Support
Thread poster: Richard Hall

Richard Hall  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:41
Italian to English
+ ...
Jul 13, 2012

I am having a problem with SDL licensing which is apparently a common Studio 2011 problem. However, having found the appropriate solution which is to log a support request, I am unable to do so since three blanks on the form (language, version and operation (whatever that means) are disabled. Since the information is mandatory to submit the request, I am unable to request support.

This is maddening...

René VINCHON  Identity Verified
France
German to French
+ ...
Maintenance Jul 13, 2012

SDL announced yesterday there was a maintenance on their site these days, may be it is the reason why.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:41
English
Maybe the order of fields? Jul 13, 2012

Hi Richard,

Sometimes if you don't complete the fields in order then subsequent fields don;t become available... perhaps this is the problem?

I believe your licensing issue has been responded to as you also posted on TW_Users and the Licensing team picked it up from there and proactively handled the request. But please advise if this is not the case?

Regards

Paul

Richard Hall  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:41
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Completed in the correct order... Jul 13, 2012

...but you are correct, the licensing team picked up the issue on the other forum and I am now waiting to be contacted by one of the support staff.

Thanks for your help

Richard

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:41
English
dropdown Jul 13, 2012

Just a note on the Solution Finder:

Many people think the product field is free text, rather than a drop-down field.
So if you enter text in there, the other three fields won't open up. It's only when you open up the drop-down and select a product that they open up.

Cheers,
Luis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Licensing Support

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search