How to open Framemaker files with Trados 2009
Thread poster: Wolfgang Vogt

Wolfgang Vogt  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:12
English to German
+ ...
Jul 13, 2012

Hi, I'm having trouble opening .mif files with Trados Studio 2009.

I already converted the .fm files to .mif, but an error message saying the .mif file was created with an earlier version of Framemaker (before 8.0) appears. However, I am using the latest version (I have never used it before and just downloaded the trial version).

The original error message (in german) is:

Meldung:
Die ausgewählte MIF-Datei wurde mit einer früheren Version von FrameMaker (vor 8.0) erstellt und kann nicht geöffnet werden.
Herkunft:
FrameMaker 8.0 v 1.0.0.0

Many thanks in advance!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to open Framemaker files with Trados 2009

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search