cannot save target file in Studio 2011
Thread poster: Alexandra Wahl

Alexandra Wahl  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:12
Member (2004)
English to German
Jul 15, 2012

I have a big problem with Studio 2011. I got several pre-translated bilingual files from my client. I translated them all and now can't save the target files. I get the following message:

Zieltext konnte nicht gespeichert werden: Platzhalter wurde verschoben. Führen Sie die Tagprüfung aus, um weitere Einzelheiten zu erfahren

which means: target file cannot be saved. Placeholders was moved. Run tag test to find out further details.

I did run the tag test, fixed the tag problems and still cannot save the target files.

Can anybody help?

Thanks
Alexa

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:12
English
Can you share the file? Jul 15, 2012

Hi Alexandra,

If you can send me the original Bilingual and the fully translated sdlxliff you are having problems with then we can take a look and see if we can help?

REgards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

Paik Cook  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:12
Korean to English
Studio 2011 SP2: Korean Target saving as Word 2003 Jul 23, 2012

Just upgraded to 2011 from 2009. When saving the target (Korean language) as Word 2003 (because the source file is Word 2003) in the Editor screen, the Korean characters are not properly displayed in the Word 2003 file. No problem when the source file is Word 2007.

Isn't there a feature in Studio 2011 to "save up" the Target to Word 2007? It seems there is ONLY ONE WAY to save the Target as - that is, the same file type as the source file.

Margaret M. Mahoney
United States
Local time: 05:12
Spanish to English
+ ...
Same "cannot save target file" problem in Studio 2011. Mar 17, 2014

Only my error messages say:

1: "Failed to save target content: An error occurred while converting fields back to Microsoft Word format: Possible field(s) deletion; and,

2. "Failed to save target content: An error occurred while writing the document".

I've tried everything to remedy the problem. Everything. Too much to list here.

I would be very grateful for some assistance with this.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

cannot save target file in Studio 2011

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search