Can I use ttx files in Studio 2011?
Thread poster: Clare Swann

Clare Swann
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:14
Italian to English
+ ...
Jul 18, 2012

Hi, another question from me about opening files in Studio 2011! I've been sent some TTX files and again my computer is not detecting them when I try to open them. I can see there is the option to choose several file types to look for on my hard drive, but not TTX. I have read that there can be compatibility problems with TTX files done in Trados 2007 and then used in Studio 2011, is this right?

Sorry for what's probably another basic question but I can't find a clear explanation anywhere and there is no live chat or phone line available as it's now past 5pm.

Thanks.

Clare

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 10:14
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
"Help" and manual Jul 18, 2012

Clare_H wrote:
Sorry for what's probably another basic question but I can't find a clear explanation anywhere...

Hi Clare, try clicking "Help" - you will certainly find answers to your questions.

Also, there is a nicely written manual available - check under the list of open exchange applications at SDL website.

Natalia

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 10:14
English to Czech
+ ...
Create a project Jul 18, 2012

Hi Clare,
simply create a project (click on the "New Project" button on the Home screen) and follow the steps in the New Project Wizard. When you are adding files intended for translation, just make sure you select all file types like in the following screenshot:

You can do the same also if you open the TTX document for translation using the "Open Document" button on the Home screen of Studio.

Alexey Ivanov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 11:14
English to Russian
Yes, you can Jul 18, 2012

Check the file types in Menu>Tools>Options> File Types
When you click on the File Types, you will see a list of all the file types available. Verify that the TradoSTag file type is selected.
When finished with the translation use "Save Target As TradosStag file" from the command options under Menu>File.

Clare Swann
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:14
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks everyone Jul 18, 2012

Hi, thank you all for your advice! Hopefully I won't have to trouble you too much again. Stanislav those screenshots really help! Thanks also for letting me know where I can find the manual as I've been looking for it without success!

Clare

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can I use ttx files in Studio 2011?

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search