Save target as in Studio 2009
Thread poster: Ana Freitas

Ana Freitas  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 19:48
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Jul 19, 2012

I've just finished a huge translation and when I tried to save target as in Studio 2009 I get an error message like this "a marca de início 'cf' na linha 14 não corresponde à marca final 'P' linha 18 posição 139, translation somewhat like this "the mark from the beginning 'cf' on line 14 doesn't match the final mark 'P' on line 18 position 139". I've already tried all the possible solutions sugggested by SDL, without success. I've tried in another computer, same result. I must deliver the file in the target language, not the sdlxliff one. Can somebody help me? This has really been a great headache. Please help me!!!!

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 20:48
English to Czech
+ ...
Solution Jul 19, 2012

Hello Ana,
first of all, your question should go to the SDL Trados Support Forum

Secondly, move your cursor to the beginning of the document and press F8. You should get a report on missing tags. Double-clicking an error will take you to the corresponding segment where you should correct any tag errors (missing or added tags).

Portugal
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solution Jul 19, 2012

Hello Stanislav,

Thanks a lot for your help, but in fact that was the first thing I did, and I didn't get any errors or missing tags, just a few blank spaces that I did corrected.

I think there must be another solution, But it seems there is no way to find it. It's a despair.

Once again, thanks a lot!

Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Solution 2 Jul 19, 2012

Then perhaps you may try one of these that I posted yesterday. I hope they will work for you.

Portugal
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solution 2 Jul 19, 2012

I'll try that.

Thanks a lot.

Portugal
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solution 2 Jul 19, 2012

I tried this solution but unfortunatelly it didn't work. I get this message "failed to save target: An error occurred while converting fileds back to Microsoft Word format. Possible field(s) deletion." I think that the source file has some problem that doesn't let me to properly work with it. What do you think? This is the first time I have this problem and there is a lot of money involved which makes me feel more worried, and the translaton is completely done (lots of time consuming) but I'm not able to deliver the target and neither the outsourcer has Studio. Please give me your point of view.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Which one did you try? Jul 19, 2012

Hello Ana,
which one of the two solutions did you try? Did you try open and repair the source file before loading it into Studio?

Perhaps tomorrow, if that's not too late for you, I could have a look at what you have. If you want, please send me a PM to get my e-mail address.

Portugal
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solution 2 Jul 20, 2012

I've tried both solutions without success.

Thanks a lot for your help.

My email is anarfreitas@sapo.pt

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Save target as in Studio 2009

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search