MultiTerm 2011 SP2 - Macro Issue
Thread poster: Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:34
English to French
+ ...
Jul 19, 2012

Hi,

I've installed SP2 for both Studio and MultiTerm. Now, the macro MultiTerm9.dotm is no longer working in Word 2007 32-bit.

I deleted Normal.dotm, MultiTerm9.dotm is in the Startup folder, all other macros are running fine, except for MultiTerm9.dotm.

Any clues?

Thanks,

Bernard

Direct link Reply with quote

Tudor Soiman  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:34
Member (2005)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Solution Jul 19, 2012

Same happened to me.
Control Panel, Programs and Features, Microsoft Office 2007, click and select Repair.
It worked.
Tudor

English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not Fixed Jul 19, 2012

Hi Tudor,

I followed your advice but couldn't get it fixed, same error messages - anyway, I don't particularly care about legacy plug-ins in Word (regardless of the version) but thought that an SP shouldn't screw up my setup.

Merci quand même,

Bernard

English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Word 64-bit Jul 20, 2012

I also installed both SP2s on my Windows 7 64-bit with Word 64-bit - Multiterm SP2 installs MultiTerm9.dotm into the Word Startup folder which is known to cause problems as the macro is a 32-bit macro and not a 64-bit!

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Word 64-bit Jul 21, 2012

Bernard Lieber wrote:

I also installed both SP2s on my Windows 7 64-bit with Word 64-bit - Multiterm SP2 installs MultiTerm9.dotm into the Word Startup folder which is known to cause problems as the macro is a 32-bit macro and not a 64-bit!

Hi Bernhard,
Indeed... installing Office 64-bit is not recommended for anyone who still uses 32-bit applications that interact with Office. Microsoft themselves will tell you this:

http://kb.sdl.com/kb/article?ArticleId=3923&source=article&c=12&cid=23

I guess now you have done this the problem you previously reported is irrelevant now? At least I don't know why Word 32-bit would cause an issue so we would have to take a look if needed.

Regards

Paul

English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Word 64-bit Jul 21, 2012

Hi Paul,

I've removed the macro on both machines, only Studio 2009 and 2011 are installed on my Windows 7 laptop.

As regards the Vista 32-bit desktop with Office 2007 32-bit (SP3), the error message is as follows:

"The macro can't be found or has been disabled because of your macro security settings", result is the same if I enable all macros!
The macro is/was in the startup folder and is displayed in the list of macros, all other macros are running fine.
Repaired Word 2007 as advised by Tudor, deleted Normal.dotm, etc. no change - no a major issue as I avoid using Trados 2007 as much as possible - just curious why this happened.

Thanks,

Bernard

Hasan Cifcioglu
Local time: 15:34
English to Turkish
+ ...
Worked for me... Oct 28, 2012

All you have to do is to unregister and register the file MSCOMCTL.OCX.

1. Click Start, type cmd, right click and run as administrator (It's very important to run CMD as administrator)

2. Type in: regsvr32 /u mscomctl.ocx, click "enter". (A window will show up saying that the file has been unregistered)

3. Type in: regsvr32 mscomctl.ocx, click "enter". (A window will show up saying that the file has been registered)

4. Type in "exit"

Source:
http://pol.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/222565-word_experienced_a_serious_problem_with_multiterm8dotm_studio_2011_user-page3.html#2002430

English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Fixed indeed Oct 30, 2012

Thanks a lot for your input.

Bernard

Annett Hieber  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
Problem not yet fixed Jan 2, 2013

Dear All,

First, I want to wish you all a Happy New Year!

I came upon this thread when I was looking around the technical forum to find a solution for my problem. I have the problem when opening a word document. I have to click several times on "OK" and receive an error message in Microsoft Visual Basic saying something like system error &H8000FFFF (-2147418113) / Safety settings for macros until finally the document opens. I tried the various things described here, but without success, but I must admit that I'm only a computer layman (-woman!). I work with Microsoft Office 2007 and Trados Studio 2009 SP3.

Can anyone help me? Thanks a lot!
Annett

Mauricio Perez
Local time: 09:34
Spanish to English
+ ...
Same problem Jan 8, 2013

It ocurs the same to me, the Word shows the error “The macro cannot be found or has been disabled because of your Macro security settings", I followed instructions to solve this, I reveiwed all the settings but nothing happens.

Automation error
Unspecified error

When closing Word...

Hoping someone can help us...

Saludos,

Mauricio

English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
OS and Word version Jan 8, 2013

Hi Mauricio,

Could you tell me which Windows and Word version you're using? Also, did you encounter this issue after a Windows update? Still happens after every Windows update under Vista 32-bit but Hasan's solution works every time, make sure you run regsvr32 as Administrator.

HTH,

Bernard

KuaLanx  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Chinese to Dutch
+ ...
I had it fixed, but the problem re-occured after a Windows update Jan 10, 2013

I fixed the problem last week by following Hasan Cifcioglu's advice (Thank you!!) but the problem re-occured today after a windows update last night/ this morning.

(Hasan Cifcioglu's fix worked for me after I clicked into the link he provided, where I found the solution for a 64 bit system, which worked.)

So I'm going to see if I can do the same fix again, but I don't want to be doing this after every single Windows update!

Edit: same fix solves the issue for me like it did last week, but I'd love to tell Windows and Trados to stop interfering with each other on my computer

[Edited at 2013-01-10 15:06 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm 2011 SP2 - Macro Issue

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search