Is it possible to open a .strpk file in Studio 2011?
Thread poster: Jenny Hakanson

Jenny Hakanson  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:42
English to Swedish
Jul 20, 2012

Being new to using packages in Studio 2011 I accidently reopened a package which seems to have erased/replaced the finished files in the translation folder (C:\Users\[your username]\Documents\SDL Trados\Projects\Local\[project name]) with the TM, Reports etc.

Before I made the mistake I had saved the file and created a package as an .strpk file. Fortunately it's not a very large file but is there any way I can salvage my work through the .strpk file?

Thank you!

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
STRPK Packages Jul 21, 2012

Hi Jenny,

This format is a return package format created for SDL TMS and also through SDL Trados Synergy. Studio can handle the version from SDL TMS but not from Synergy.

So if you open a package with the extension *.STPPK from TMS you will get your files for translation and the return package you create afterwards will be suitable for upload into SDL TMS as an *.STRPK.

So, I am a little confused by your question. You say you saved the package as an STRPK, so this would create a zip of the project ready for return. It should not overwrite anything.

If you still have the Project in your project list in Studio then right click on the name and select Open Project Folder and this will open up the project folder where you should find the files you are after.

Does this help?

Regards

Paul

Jenny Hakanson  Identity Verified
English to Swedish
TOPIC STARTER
How to open .strpk files Jul 21, 2012

Thanks for your reply Paul!

For some reason the project had disappeared from the project list and I reopened from the original package that was sent to me from the project manager.... not very smart I know...

I also tried to open the .strpk package that I had created for the client but had no success (and the PM didn't know how to do it either). What is the right way of doing it?

I have the SDL Trados Studio 2011. Does it matter what the original packaged was created by?

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
You can't open an STRPK Jul 21, 2012

Hi Jenny,

This package will be used by TMS so the Project manager would load this into TMS. You can't open it with Studio because it's designed to go back into TMS.

Studio can handle many package formats so it won't matter where it came from (other than Synergy) : http://producthelp.sdl.com/SDL_Trados_Studio_2011/client_en/Packages/Supported_Packages.htm

I guess if you translated the previous version then your TM will still have the contents, so can you pretranslate the one you opened now?

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it possible to open a .strpk file in Studio 2011?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search