https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/229529-do_you_have_sdlx_elite_help_needed_to_convert_into_sdlx_lite.html

Do you have SDLX ELITE? Help needed to convert into SDLX Lite
Thread poster: Diction
Diction
Diction
Denmark
Local time: 22:28
Jul 23, 2012

Dear fellow translators,

I received a SDLX itd sdlxliff file, and I can't open it because I only have the SDLX Lite version.

So because of that, i need somebody who got SDLX Elite who can save the file in SDLX Edit Document file, so I can open and translate the text.

I would very much appreciate if anybody wanted to help me out with this?

Looking forward to receive a respons from who might be in the position to help me.

thank yo
... See more
Dear fellow translators,

I received a SDLX itd sdlxliff file, and I can't open it because I only have the SDLX Lite version.

So because of that, i need somebody who got SDLX Elite who can save the file in SDLX Edit Document file, so I can open and translate the text.

I would very much appreciate if anybody wanted to help me out with this?

Looking forward to receive a respons from who might be in the position to help me.

thank you in advance for your help!

- Martin
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:28
English
Maybe some confusion over software here Jul 25, 2012

Hello Martin,

None of the versions of SDLX can open an SDLXLIFF out of the box. To handle your workflow you either need to use SDL Trados Studio which will open the SDLXLIFF and allow you to save the SDLXLIFF with completed translation, or the ITD if the original ITD was embedded into the SDLXLIFF.

Or, you need to ask your client to simply send you the ITD. If they are managing the SDLXLIFF then they should be able to provide either format for you.

Regard
... See more
Hello Martin,

None of the versions of SDLX can open an SDLXLIFF out of the box. To handle your workflow you either need to use SDL Trados Studio which will open the SDLXLIFF and allow you to save the SDLXLIFF with completed translation, or the ITD if the original ITD was embedded into the SDLXLIFF.

Or, you need to ask your client to simply send you the ITD. If they are managing the SDLXLIFF then they should be able to provide either format for you.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Do you have SDLX ELITE? Help needed to convert into SDLX Lite

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »