Thread poster: Raphaela Wiss

Raphaela Wiss
Spain
Local time: 22:37
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 25, 2012

Hi everyone!

I am trying to open workbench as usual (until yesterday it worked perfectly) and the following error comes up:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime error!
Program: C:\Program Files\TRADOS\T7_FL\TT\TW4Win.ex
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I have read on the forum that this happened to others as well. I followed all the suggestions but nothing works. Any ideas?

I tried to re-install Trados (the same error shows at the end of the installation), Microsoft Visual C++, .NET Framework, clean up my whole pc, checked for viruses, deleted a program I installed yesterday...

I am working on a huge project and need Trados! Please help!

Thank you very much

Trados version: Trados 7 Freelance
Office version: 2003

Maria Johansson  Identity Verified
Sweden
Swedish to English
+ ...
Same problem! Jul 30, 2012

Hi there!

Did you manage to solve this? As of last week I too had the same problem and have tried the same as you without solution. Please let me know! Have a deadline tomorrow!

Kind regards
maria

Raphaela Wiss
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved! Jul 30, 2012

Hi Maria,
Yes I did, I tried to post a comment twice but it didn't work.

As I didn't find any solution I thought about the easiest one, restoring my computer to an earlier date and it workedicon_smile.gif

Hope this helps you too.

Regards from Spain

Elizabeth Kelly
Ireland
Local time: 21:37
English to German
+ ...
Same problem! Jan 30, 2013

Unfortunately, my PC won't restore to earlier checkpoint for some strange reason. Did anyone else have this problem and manage to solve it?

TIA

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Runtime error when opening trados workbench

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search