https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/229618-runtime_error_when_opening_trados_workbench.html

Runtime error when opening trados workbench
Thread poster: Raphaela Wiss
Raphaela Wiss
Raphaela Wiss
Spain
Local time: 06:28
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 25, 2012

Hi everyone!

I am trying to open workbench as usual (until yesterday it worked perfectly) and the following error comes up:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime error!
Program: C:\Program Files\TRADOS\T7_FL\TT\TW4Win.ex
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I have read on the forum that this happened to others as well. I fol
... See more
Hi everyone!

I am trying to open workbench as usual (until yesterday it worked perfectly) and the following error comes up:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime error!
Program: C:\Program Files\TRADOS\T7_FL\TT\TW4Win.ex
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I have read on the forum that this happened to others as well. I followed all the suggestions but nothing works. Any ideas?

I tried to re-install Trados (the same error shows at the end of the installation), Microsoft Visual C++, .NET Framework, clean up my whole pc, checked for viruses, deleted a program I installed yesterday...

I am working on a huge project and need Trados! Please help!

Thank you very much

Trados version: Trados 7 Freelance
Office version: 2003
Collapse

Maria Johansson
Maria Johansson  Identity Verified
Sweden
Swedish to English
+ ...
Same problem! Jul 30, 2012

Hi there!

Did you manage to solve this? As of last week I too had the same problem and have tried the same as you without solution. Please let me know! Have a deadline tomorrow!

Kind regards
maria

Raphaela Wiss
Raphaela Wiss
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved! Jul 30, 2012

Hi Maria,
Yes I did, I tried to post a comment twice but it didn't work.

As I didn't find any solution I thought about the easiest one, restoring my computer to an earlier date and it worked

Hope this helps you too.

Regards from Spain

Elizabeth Kelly
Elizabeth Kelly
Ireland
Local time: 05:28
English to German
+ ...
Same problem! Jan 30, 2013

Unfortunately, my PC won't restore to earlier checkpoint for some strange reason. Did anyone else have this problem and manage to solve it?

TIA

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Runtime error when opening trados workbench

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »