Is it possible to search the entire studio memory file in memory view rather than page by page?
Thread poster: Chris Dravers

Chris Dravers  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 19:47
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jul 25, 2012

Hi

Is it possible to search the entire studio memory file in the memory view rather than page by page? The memory I am search must have a hundred pages in it and I don't want to have to "continue to next page" every time.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Direct link Reply with quote

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Entire TM Jul 25, 2012

Hi Chris,

The default filter is Search entire translation memory, so I don't see what the problem is. Under Tools, you can also set the number of units to 200 instead of the 50 (default value)

Good luck,

Bernard

Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I can't find how to change the filter Jul 25, 2012

Hi Bernard

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, I can't find the default filter to change it. I open find and replace and there is no option to search entire document

Could you give me the steps, one by one: where do I go, what do I click, etc.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
TM View Jul 25, 2012

In TM View, open the TM you want to search - above the open TM, you'll see Filter Name, Source Text, Target Text - Search Type - default is Search Type Search entire TM - enter the text you want to search for in either Source or Target.

HTH,

Bernard

Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Filter Name, Source Text, Target Text - Search Type not there Jul 25, 2012

Sorry to be back again,

but I don't have these tabs above the TM. I have Open document, new project and a load of icons but no Filtern name or Search Type.

I am in Translation Memory View though.

I can't understand it

I will have to continue investigating. Sorry for all the trouble and thanks again

C

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
You should be able to see this Jul 25, 2012

Chris Dravers wrote:
but I don't have these tabs above the TM. I have Open document, new project and a load of icons but no Filtern name or Search Type.

Hi Chris,
you should be able to see this:

If you can't, you may have closed the Search Details pane by mistake. Try resetting the window layout by going to "View > Reset Window Layout".

Anne Lee  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:47
Member (2003)
Dutch to English
+ ...
At last, a search through the entire file Jul 30, 2012

Thanks for that, Stanislav. I had exactly the same problem and I have finally been able to search the entire TM after clicking on 'reset window layout'. I don't understand why the window in your picture has remained hidden to date. Unless that window is open, searches are indeed carried out page by page.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it possible to search the entire studio memory file in memory view rather than page by page?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €415 / $495
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €415 / $495 / £325 / ¥60,000 You will also receive FREE access to our getting started eLearning program!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search