PC too fast for Trados?
Thread poster: Clare Lynch

Clare Lynch
Local time: 23:47
German to English
Jul 26, 2012

Is it possible that my new PC is too fast for Trados? It regularly opens segments, gets non-100% matches and closes segments in Trados without my even noticing it. This means I have to reread each segment carefully if I want to be sure of picking up errors.

I also find it hard to select emails in Outlook, for example, without opening them.

Is there any way of slowing down these operations? I have tried fiddling with my mouse settings but nothing seems to help.

Sam Pinson  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:47
Member (2011)
Russian to English
No. Jul 26, 2012

There must be something else going on.

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 00:47
English to Czech
+ ...
T2007? Jul 26, 2012

Clare Lynch wrote:

Is it possible that my new PC is too fast for Trados? It regularly opens segments, gets non-100% matches and closes segments in Trados without my even noticing it. This means I have to reread each segment carefully if I want to be sure of picking up errors.

From your post, I assume that you are talking about T2007 or earlier. Does this happen when you use keyboard shortcuts instead of the mouse too? Why I'm asking: a mouse I used to have would always tend to execute a double click instead of a single one.

Clare Lynch
Local time: 23:47
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Trados 2007 Jul 26, 2012

Thanks Stanislav.

I use Trados 2007 Studio. It happens with Workbench and even more frequently with Tag Editor.

I don't think it happens with the shortcuts. I will experiment.

I wondered if I had a sick mouseicon_frown.gif

I'll try swopping it.

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 00:47
English to Czech
+ ...
Explanations Jul 27, 2012

Hi Clare,
there is nothing like Trados 2007 Studio. There is:
- Trados 2007 Suite
- Trados Studio 2009 or 2011

It happens with Workbench and even more frequently with Tag Editor.

So you mean it happens if you use Word and TagEditor as your editing environments, right?

Then buy a new mouse and see if the problem persists. You can try with a cheap one and if that resolves your problem, you can buy one that suits you best.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PC too fast for Trados?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search