Why is my TM not updated in SDL Trados Studio 2011?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jul 26, 2012

I created a project and a new TM for a German-Swedish translation project in SDL Trados Studio 2011. Then, in the window Project Settings, I checked the box "Use different translation providers for this language pair" (because otherwise I couldn't manage the TMs at all, they were greyed out). I started translating, but found out I couldn't search the TM so nothing updated during the course I continued to translate.

I'm almost done now (15,000 words), but need to get the TM to work before I can return the translated files and updated TM.

Should I uncheck the checkbox "Use different translation providers for this language pair" and then click my way through all the translated files to commit each translation unit again, and save them into the TM this way? I tried unchecking that box, and then it's printed with large-sized letters in the Project Settings window FROM ALL LANGUAGE PAIRS.

Eileen Cartoon  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:04
Italian to English
not sure about Jul 26, 2012

"Use different translation providers for this language pair" but, if you are using a project TM your main TM probably won't be updated until you finalize.
Eileen

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 14:04
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
You need to check the "Update" box next to your TM Jul 27, 2012

Steps and screenshots here:

http://noradiaz.blogspot.mx/2012/07/studio-2011-tm-not-updating-check-this.html

Hope it helps!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why is my TM not updated in SDL Trados Studio 2011?

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search