Issue with IDML filter
Thread poster: Lorenzo Cordini

Lorenzo Cordini
Local time: 02:12
English
Jul 26, 2012

Hello,

I am writing to report an issue I seem to have found in the IDML filter of Studio 2011 SP2 - 10.2.3001.0

What happens is that a group of images present on a page of the input IDML file (created in InDesign CS4 - Ver. 6.0.6) are deleted in the output IDML document.

I have processed the file first using the default settings for the File Type IDML and then activating all options under the "Common" dialog of File Type IDML.

It is interesting to note that if I process the same file in Studio 2009 SP3, all image are preserved and the output IDML file is OK.

Regards,

Lorenzo

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Can we see the files? Jul 26, 2012

Hi Lorenzo,

I'd be interested to look at this if you can share the original source IDML with me.

Thanks

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

Lorenzo Cordini
English
TOPIC STARTER
Sample sent Jul 26, 2012

Hi Paul,

I have just sent you an email with a sample IDML file where the issue occurs in Studio 2011 while it works OK in Studio 2009.

Regards,

Lorenzo

Wichru
Local time: 01:12
English
Same problem Aug 7, 2012

Hi,

I have same problem with the files saved with INDD CS5.5
A group of images present in the input IDML file disappears from the output IDML document.
(number of links was deducted from 94 to 56)

Same files managed on machine with Studio 2011 SP1 are correct.

Any idea how to fix this issue?

Thanks,

[Edited at 2012-08-07 13:48 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Issue with IDML filter

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 for €415/$495 with free eLearning
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €415 / $495 / £325 / ¥60,000 For this month only – receive SDL Trados Studio 2017 - Getting Started eLearning for FREE.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search