How to activate autosuggest dictionary
Thread poster: Denise Phelps

Denise Phelps  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:08
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jul 26, 2012

Hi:

I finally have enough segments in my TM to generate an autosuggest dictionary in Trados Studio Freelance 2011 (and have paid the license to do this). I have followed the steps given in the manual for generating the dictionary, which created a .bpm autosuggest dictionary file (no idea what .bpm means but mention it in case it's important) and have enabled the autosuggest dictionary function in Tools/Options...but no suggestions seem to be appearing.

Have I missed a step? Is there something else I should have done? I can't find any more information in the manuals, or in past forums on this.

Thanks for any help.

Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
Add the Autosuggest dictonary to your project Jul 26, 2012

Hi Denise,

Now go to the Project menu:

Project\Project Settings\Language Pairs\(Your source language)->(Your target language)\Autosuggest Dictionaries

and click on the Add button under the Add Autosuggest Dictionaries in the pane on the right.

Navigate to and select the .bpm file you created and with a bit of luck Robert should be your mother's brother.

Denise Phelps  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
YAY! Jul 26, 2012

It's working! Many, many thanks Giles.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to activate autosuggest dictionary

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search