Computer slows down with Trados
Thread poster: Helen Eby

Helen Eby  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:35
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 26, 2012

My computer is slowing down incredibly with Trados. I just got a new computer, and it runs circles around what I had before. However, I am running T 2011 SP2, and every time I set the cursor in a box and click I get the "thinking" icon in Windows. No exceptions. Any ideas what is going on? This makes it quite unuseable.

Manish Upadhyay
India
Local time: 23:05
English to Hindi
Re-install Jul 27, 2012

May be your trados was not installed properly ,Re-install it I hope you 'll not face this problem again.

Johnson2012
China
Local time: 01:35
troubleshutter Jul 27, 2012

Maybe you should check out whether your PC or the configuration can meet the requirement of Trados.Trados is such a big software.

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 19:35
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
anti-virus Jul 27, 2012

Slow performance is sometimes a clash with an anti-virus. Try disabling your anti-virus completely to test the difference. You may also be able to disable "real-time scanning" or get it to bypass Studio.
HTH,
Emma

Lars Hoej  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 19:35
English to Danish
+ ...
From 4 minutes to 5 seconds - now using AVG free... Jul 27, 2012

Emma Goldsmith wrote:

Slow performance is sometimes a clash with an anti-virus. Try disabling your anti-virus completely to test the difference. You may also be able to disable "real-time scanning" or get it to bypass Studio.
HTH,
Emma

I used Kaspersky and deselected everything concerning SDL. Still a save of a 22000 word file took 4 minutes. MS Essential took the same when enabled, but only 5 seconds if disabled. Finally I tried AVG free: 5 seconds with full protection.

Kind regards
Lars

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Computer slows down with Trados

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search