Setting source and target language on a new project
Thread poster: carl01
carl01
carl01
German to English
Jul 27, 2012

Hello,

I'm trying to set my project languages as German->English (UK).

However the TL is set as English (US) and it can't be changed. If I go into Project Settings -> Language pairs, the add/remove buttons are greyed out so I can't add or remove anything.

If I try to add a file-based TM, I get "The translation provider does not support this language pair German -> English (US)".

To add to the confusion, if I do exactly the same steps via Tool
... See more
Hello,

I'm trying to set my project languages as German->English (UK).

However the TL is set as English (US) and it can't be changed. If I go into Project Settings -> Language pairs, the add/remove buttons are greyed out so I can't add or remove anything.

If I try to add a file-based TM, I get "The translation provider does not support this language pair German -> English (US)".

To add to the confusion, if I do exactly the same steps via Tools->Options, I can set my TL to English (UK) and add the translation memories I want - but then I go back to Project Settings and there is English (US) still set in stone, and the ONLY language pair is still shown as German -> English (US).

Can anyone help before this drives me nuts?
Collapse

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 12:22
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Project Settings - Language Pairs Jul 27, 2012

When you say the Add/Remove buttons are greyed out, do you mean they are still greyed out after you click on the language you want to add?

First you would need to click on the language on the left, then the Add button becomes enabled and you can add your languages.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Setting source and target language on a new project

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »