Thread poster: Stephanie Ezrol

Stephanie Ezrol  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:09
Member (2009)
English
+ ...
Jul 29, 2012

I am working on a project in SDL Trados 2009 with 13 RTF files, and everything has been working fine. I received an additional RTF file.

I don't know how to add that document to the project, so I tried to open it in the Edit view in the same way I usually open single documents.

This time I got the following error message after setting the languages and adding the TM:

"Error when pre-tweaking file: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation."

I don't know how to proceed.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

United States
Member (2009)
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The problem seems to be only with this particular file Jul 29, 2012

I tried opening a random document on my computer with the same source French, target English, and the same TM, and it opened fine.

I tried copying the RTF file that won't open to another folder in my documents, I got the same error message again.

I tried "save as" with the RTF file moving it again to yet a different folder, I got the same error message.

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:09
Finnish to French
DOCX Jul 29, 2012

Try saving it as DOCX, just in case Studio likes it better.

United States
Member (2009)
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
did a messy work around but would like something better Jul 31, 2012

Thanks for replying Dominique. I invented my own overly messy work around before you replied.

I still would like to know why Trados rejected that file since it accepted 12 other .rtf files from the same clilent.

It would be good to know in case the same thing happens again.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I can not open a new RTF file

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search