Carmen Álvarez
Carmen Álvarez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:44
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 31, 2012

Hello, this is my first time using Passolo and I had to translate 7000 words out of 80000. There were a few 100% matches containing errors and I have corrected them.

Now I would like to review my own translation before delivery (I always do that) and also check again those 100% corrected matches and write a note for the client.

The problem is:

1. How can I isolate my 7000 translated words? I tried to use a filter by date but I'm not sure if it is working. I
... See more
Hello, this is my first time using Passolo and I had to translate 7000 words out of 80000. There were a few 100% matches containing errors and I have corrected them.

Now I would like to review my own translation before delivery (I always do that) and also check again those 100% corrected matches and write a note for the client.

The problem is:

1. How can I isolate my 7000 translated words? I tried to use a filter by date but I'm not sure if it is working. It seems to me that I get less than 7000 words.
2. How can I distinguish the original 100% matches from the original fuzzies or no matches? I can't see the original match anywhere and I need to find the segments that I have corrected.

Please help!

Thanks in advance.
Collapse

Achim Herrmann
Achim Herrmann
English to German
Some hints Aug 1, 2012

Hello Carmen,

You should activate some additional columns in the translation list view. Right click the header of the displayed table and activate User, Match and Last change.

If you have correctly inserted your user name when starting to translate you can now simply filter or sort all the translated entries according to the user name by just clicking User column header.

The color coding in the Match column which is comparable to SDL Trados Studio 2011 is s
... See more
Hello Carmen,

You should activate some additional columns in the translation list view. Right click the header of the displayed table and activate User, Match and Last change.

If you have correctly inserted your user name when starting to translate you can now simply filter or sort all the translated entries according to the user name by just clicking User column header.

The color coding in the Match column which is comparable to SDL Trados Studio 2011 is showing additional information whether the translation is still the original match or whether you changed it.

Hope this helps.

Achim Herrmann
SDL Passolo Business Consultant
Collapse

Carmen Álvarez
Carmen Álvarez  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not sure Aug 1, 2012

Hello Achim,

Thanks a lot but I am not sure if that is working.

I see one string with my user name and a date for the column Changed which is earlier than then date when I first started working with the file.

Maybe my client was using the same user name before sending me the file (he told me to use an specific user name).

On the other hand, as 100% matches I only see the repetitions (green) of other strings, but not the previously translated s
... See more
Hello Achim,

Thanks a lot but I am not sure if that is working.

I see one string with my user name and a date for the column Changed which is earlier than then date when I first started working with the file.

Maybe my client was using the same user name before sending me the file (he told me to use an specific user name).

On the other hand, as 100% matches I only see the repetitions (green) of other strings, but not the previously translated strings (in Trados, those would be the segments included in the memory).

Is there a way to see the strings that were already translated and then changed by me? I think they should be black.

Sorry if I sound too confused but I'm maybe too used to Trados

Carmen
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Reviewing my own translation with Passolo

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »