https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/230081-sdl_trados_2007_tageditor_version_90.html

SDL Trados 2007 TagEditor, Version 9.0
Thread poster: Anıl Toy
Anıl Toy
Anıl Toy  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 09:09
English to Turkish
+ ...
Aug 1, 2012

Hi,

I have one ttx file. The word count is approximately 10000 words. I have already translated one third of the whole text. The original file is in xml format.

Now, here is my question: How can i learn how many words so far i have translated and the remaining words? Since it is a ttx file, you know, there are tags and codes between the sentences to be translated. Therefore, if i copy the whole text to see the word count, it becomes impossible because i can not even op
... See more
Hi,

I have one ttx file. The word count is approximately 10000 words. I have already translated one third of the whole text. The original file is in xml format.

Now, here is my question: How can i learn how many words so far i have translated and the remaining words? Since it is a ttx file, you know, there are tags and codes between the sentences to be translated. Therefore, if i copy the whole text to see the word count, it becomes impossible because i can not even open the xml file. Even if i manage to open it, it is still full of codes and tags such that you can hardly find the words or sentences to be translated.

Thanks in advance for your guidance!

Best,
Anil
Collapse

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 08:09
English to Czech
+ ...
Analyze the file Aug 1, 2012

Hi Anil,
simply go to Translator's Workbench > Tools > Analyze, browse to the TTX and run the analysis.

Anıl Toy
Anıl Toy  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 09:09
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
already found Aug 1, 2012

Hi Stanislav,

Immediately after i asked my question, i somehow found out the solution on my own. This is something that always happens

I once sent a similar question to the Wordfast engineers and before they responded, i already found the answer.

Anyway, thanks so much for your concern!

Best,
Anil

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2007 TagEditor, Version 9.0

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »