Thread poster: Kevin Rojas

Kevin Rojas  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:57
Spanish to English
+ ...
Aug 3, 2012

Hi there,

Anyone else got a starter version of Trados and had problems with setting up translation memories?

I know it is possible to use translation memories on the starter version but all I get is "please upgrade your license to access this feature" whenever I try to go near translation memories.

I'm new to all this so I could be missing something obvious. Just wanted to ask before I have to pay for support. Cheers.

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Translation memory maintenance Aug 3, 2012

I expect you're talking about Translation memory maintenance (at the bottom left-hand corner of the home screen). The Starter version doesn't have that feature.

But you can certainly add a TM when you open a new document through the wizard. You might have to create a new, empty one if you've never used one before.

Kevin Rojas  Identity Verified
Germany
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks! Aug 3, 2012

I see, thank you! Being unable to add one from the list put me off a bit.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

translation memory not working on Trados starter

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search