spliting/merging segments in Trados SP2
Thread poster: Tudor STRAISTARU

Tudor STRAISTARU  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 01:36
German to Romanian
Aug 6, 2012

1.-After installing SP 2 for Trados split/merging segment are disabled. How to enable again?
2.- Save target as... works only for docx.
I have opened Pdf file.

Jennifer Byers  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:36
Portuguese to English
Suggestion Aug 6, 2012

I'm no expert on this, but having just done a tranining course, am happy to send you what I was told - although I haven't actually had to test it out yet!

Click on the of the segment + Ctrl, and click on the of the segment you want to merge. Right click and select Merge Segment.

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 00:36
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
--- Aug 6, 2012

Tudor STRAISTARU wrote:
1.-After installing SP 2 for Trados split/merging segment are disabled. How to enable again?

You should select the source segments (or place the cursor where you need the segment to be splitted) and right-click to merge (or split). You will be unable to do anything in case the segments are locked (unlock them previously) or if they belong to different paragraphs (this must be your case if you work with converted PDF).

2.- Save target as... works only for docx.
I have opened Pdf file.

It is normal: Studio does NOT produce PDF files. You are translating a converted Word file, so the target format is DOC(X). In case you need a PDF, make it separately.

Tudor STRAISTARU  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 01:36
German to Romanian
TOPIC STARTER
wonder Aug 6, 2012

Thanks a lot don't work !

The only solution
Uninstall SP2
Use the old version

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 00:36
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Why? Aug 6, 2012

Tudor STRAISTARU wrote:
The only solution
Uninstall SP2
Use the old version

Before wasting time for doing this, just try anothe document - a standard DOC, not a converted PDF.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

spliting/merging segments in Trados SP2

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search