Trados error after moving translation memories
Thread poster: Kathryn Malan

Kathryn Malan  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 18:32
French to English
Aug 7, 2012

I have Trados 2011 and have recently had to relocate my translation memories to a new file location.

Now when I open Trados (and each time I go back to the Projects view) it comes up with an error saying a certain translation memory has been moved, and to click OK to specify a new location or Cancel to disable it (one error for each TM moved). I have tried clicking OK and specifying the new file location for each error box that appears, and alternately clicking cancel for every error box that appears, but no matter what I do, every time I go back to the Project view or reopen Trados all the errors still pop up.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks for your help!

Direct link Reply with quote

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 22:32
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Two solutions worked for me Aug 7, 2012

When this happened to me, I did two things to fix it:

1. Deleted old projects from the projects.xml file. A note of caution, though: do this only if you feel confident that you won't damage anything. Or make a copy of the file so you can replace it back if anything gets damaged.

2. In File-Setup-Project Templates, I removed any old templates that may be calling up the missing/relocated TMs.

Good luck with this annoying problem!

Richard Hill  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 00:32
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
Another option Aug 7, 2012

...is to remove projects from "Projects View", which worked for me.

Kathryn Malan  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 18:32
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
It worked! Aug 8, 2012

Thank you both for those tips. I deleted all my old projects and templates, and ensured nothing showed in my projects view, and now there are no more error messages.

I'm so glad it was a quick and easy fix! Thanks for the fast replies too

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados error after moving translation memories

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search