Thread poster: Natallia Bykhautsava

Natallia Bykhautsava  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 07:37
Belarusian to Russian
+ ...
Aug 7, 2012

Hello,

I would like to ask, as I am a new user of Trados, why does the Ctrl+Enter is not working to confirm the translation and Alt+Add is required instead. Where is Add key on a keyboard (I have notebook Sony Vaio)?
I have doubts if such combination really exists. Is it possible to change this in Trados?

Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 23:37
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Do you mean Studio 2011? Aug 7, 2012

If you mean Studio 2011, you can change your keyboard shortcuts in Tools - Options - Keyboard Shortcuts - Editor, on the right-hand window, look for "Confirm and Move to Next Segment" and set whatever shortcut you like. (I use Alt+A, to use only my left hand for this operation).

And to answer your question, "Add" refers to the "+" sign in the number keyboard, which you usually won't find in a laptop and will normally require that you use the Function (Fn) key. This part of your question (the use of Alt+Add to confirm a segment) makes me wonder if you really mean Studio 2011 or Trados 2007 (TagEditor or Workbench).

[Edited at 2012-08-07 22:17 GMT]

Natallia Bykhautsava  Identity Verified
Chile
Belarusian to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot! Aug 7, 2012

Thank you very much! It worked perfectly.

And it's a good combination Alt+A, thanks for your advice.
Natallia

Taru Laiho
Local time: 08:37
Finnish to English
+ ...
Adding several shortcuts Jun 6, 2013

A question related to the original question: is it possible to add several keyboard shortcuts for a single command in Trados Studio 2011?

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Only if you use... Jun 6, 2013

... and separate application for this. In Studio it's one shortcut per command. So I guess you could program something like AutoHotkey or some other keyboard tool to apply several shorcuts to the single one used in Studio.

Why would you want to do this though?

Regards

Paul

Taru Laiho
Finnish to English
+ ...
Thanks Paul, Jun 11, 2013

I thought it might not be possible.

As to why I'd like to add several shortcuts, it's because I've used a variety of different CAT tools and I therefore have a couple of commands ingrained in my brain for a single task - and they are very difficult to try to forget, I've noticed. For some reason I seem to unconsciously switch between them completely willy-nilly. That's why it would be nice to have all of the commands there so that I'd get the result I want no matter which combination I happen to press.

BR
Taru

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
I see... Jun 11, 2013

... then perhaps you can change the Studio shortcuts to match one of the others andn then at least you have one less to remember! And if the others are customisable then why not create one for all?

Regards

Paul

Taru Laiho
Finnish to English
+ ...
Good idea! Jun 11, 2013

Creating one for all seems like a great idea. I think I could get myself to forget the extra shortcuts much faster that way and only use one shortcut for each command in all my CAT tools. I'll have to look into that when I have some time to spare.

BR
Taru

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Alt+Add in Trados 2011

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search